Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Were You There? ( The song I've been looking for!!!)

Back when I was a kid, I attended the Crossroads Cathedral Easter pageants every year in south Oklahoma City(Thanks to my friend Sam Madewell). I did not attend the church, just the yearly pageants at Easter time. Up until last year, I've gone every year since 1990 or 91. Back in 1992, the pageant for that year was entitled "Were You There?". During the pageant, after the crucifixion scene and before the resurrection scene, all the lights went out and this song was played.

Now, imagine with me, you're in a MASSIVE sanctuary, 5,000 people in there with you, it's complete darkness, and this song begins to play. I'm telling you it brings me chills after just seeing the portrayal of Jesus Christ being crucified on a Roman cross for MY sins and Gods redemptive plan for all humanity being played out. Ever since then, I've always looked for and wondered who sings it, and where is that song. I kid you not, since that day, I have searched. The song is so moving and powerful in its own light. I encourage you, if you have a Bible near, read Luke 22:1 through Luke 24:35. If you can, and if you have to, continually play this song. It'll bless you as it does me. The song, which I came to find out, is by Russ Taff.

On May 18, 2010, I was listening to some musical compilations, preaching and music together, on a particular website and literally, stumbled upon this song. I was so relieved in words that can't describe and yet so excited to finally hear it again.

So take a listen and keep in mind that Luke's Gospel shows us how Jesus was the perfect man given as a perfect sacrifice for the sin of all man kind. Christ Himself is the ideal human and the perfect model that we're commanded to follow. I read this account in Luke and I stand n awe of his character, which met humanity's highest ideas as well as Gods demand for an atonement for sin. He is Jesus Christ, our model and our Savior for those that repent of their sins, turn from them, and place there faith and trust in Christ alone to save them from not only their sins, but the wrath of God which is soon to follow BECAUSE of their sins.

My friend Shane Dodson of Norman, sums it up so well on his Facebook profile information. It reads:

"I used to trust in having my name on a church membership roll to get me to Heaven...but then I realized that I had broken God's laws.
My lies made me a liar.
My stealing made me a thief.
My lust made me an adulterer.
My hatred made me a murderer.

How could a lying, thieving, adulterous, murderer at heart enter Heaven? There had to be payment for that sin debt.

I learned that 2000 years ago, God came to this earth in the form of a man--Jesus Christ--to SUFFER and DIE a sinner's death...the wrath of Almighty God was POURED out onto Christ...and His horrific death SATISFIED God's wrath against my sins. My response to this was to REPENT of my sins (that is...to turn AWAY from sinning and turn TOWARD Jesus Christ) and to TRUST in Jesus Christ...just as one trusts in a parachute.

You put a parachute on with ABSOLUTE TRUST that it will save your life when the law of gravity kicks in.
The Scriptures say I am to "put ON the Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 13:14)...I am to ABSOLUTELY TRUST in Jesus Christ FULLY and COMPLETELY.

He is my JOY.
He is my PORTION.
He is my SUFFICIENCY.
He is my RIGHTEOUSNESS.
He is my SAVIOR.
He is my KING.

Is He those things to YOU? The Scriptures warn that is "appointed for man to die once and after that comes judgment" (Hebrews 9:27). How will YOU be judged?

Will you be judged by your own lying, stealing, adulterous, murderous heart????
Or will you be judged according to the righteousness of Christ?

Have YOU repented of your sins and trusted in Jesus Christ TOTALLY and COMPLETELY and JOYFULLY?

If not...I plead with you to do so today!
Nobody is promised tomorrow (James 4:14).
Before your head hits your pillow tonight...STRIVE to know EXACTLY where you stand before your Creator.

Jesus will either be your SAVIOR...or your JUDGE (1 Peter 4:5)."

Could I even come close to making it any clearer than that? Oh His grace is so amazing.

Take a listen....................



Below is from March of 2008. This is Todd Friel, host of at the time, Way of The Master Radio, and is now called Wretched Radio. This is from the "Holy Week" and listen to him as he gives the details about why Christ had to die, and why the Cross is so important.

I've split it up over 4 differnt parts and each is about 15 minutes long.

Please listen and be blessed by it.

This is part 1:



This is part 2:



This is part 3:



This is part 4:





It's about the Cross and it's about our sin and it's all about Jesus Christ and God being glorified. 

Please, if you do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, please, think about your sin, you're lying, stealing, blaspheming God, adultery, hatred, not putting God first in your life. Those things are pronouncing your guilt before God. God must send you straight to hell because He is Good, Holy, and Just. He must punish sin. 

I plead with you to repent and believe the Gospel. (Mark 1:15) Forgiveness is available. Only Christ can save you. No one else. 

Thank you for your time,

Chris Salter

www.NeedGod.com







No comments: