Thursday, April 28, 2011

Audio Compilations of David Wilkerson (May 19, 1931 – April 27, 2011)

First of all, I would like to say what a blessing it must be to be born again, and to die in Christ. It's an amazing thing to be here on this earth and to experience a brother or sister in Christ go home to be with Him for all eternity.

Today, that's what the Christian community is experiencing. Yesterday we went to sleep and this morning woke up to the new of:

"Rev. David Wilkerson, founding pastor of New York City's Times Square Church and author of the 1963 best-seller The Cross and the Switchblade, died Wednesday afternoon in a head-on traffic collision with an 18-wheeler in East Texas, local CBS station KYTX reports. He was 79."

You can read the full article here.

The death of a saint is precious the Bible says. So we rejoice! And for how long? Always!

Although I have never met the man personally, Dave Wilkerson has impacted my life in great ways. Him and I don't agree on a lot of stuff or see eye to eye on some issues but never the less, he is responsible to re

aching out and bringing the Hells Best Kept Secret teaching to the United States and for that, I am thankful.

If you know me well, you know I am a huge fan of Christian audio compilations. What are those? Those are good, sound preaching clips mixed together with uncommonly powerful music behind it.

Well, when I woke up this morning to the news of his death to this world, and life in Christ eternal, God laid it on my heart to take some of his best compilations and place them for all to hear. These are some of my favorite and I pray you'll be blessed as much as I am.

Thanks,

Chris Salter
OKC

Preach The Gospel (My personal favorite)




Jesus To The Nations



Lay It Down



The Worm Never Dies



My Sorrows



Psalm 101



Speaking To You



Time To Get Serious



Some of these compilations don't contain ONLY Dave Wilkerson as there are many great pastors involved in these compilations.

Well Done....

When God decides to take me by surprise.
I don't want that to be the time, that I realize.

Realize my life, and all the things I did wrong.
Or if I remained faithful in the LORD, and stood strong.

I want to hear him say, and for it to be meant.
"Well done, thou good and faithful servant"

We have no remorse for the way that we live,
we just live our life, and expect that God will forgive.

But in life, it doesn't work out that way.
One day soon, we'll all have to pay.

Unless you've claimed Jesus Christ as your savior.
And if so, you'll reside in heaven with him forever.

A long time ago, Jesus unselfishly payed our toll.
Are you willing to trust Christ to save your soul?

It's a completely free gift he offered to you and I.
So each of us could go to heaven when we die.

Heaven is a wonderful place you don't want to miss.
So perfectly perfect where you'll live in sweet bliss.

When you die, and to the gates you are sent.
Will you hear, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant"?

If no, you'll miss out on something truly amazing.
And instead end up in hell with fire so hot a blazing.

It really doesn't have to be that way, you see.
He offered you salvation completely and 100% free.

All you have to do is accept His gift of love.
And then you're promised a spot in heaven above.

I want to be able to hear, and it to be meant,
"Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

No comments: