Tuesday, October 6, 2015

No Thanks, I Don't Do Orange.

     A few weeks ago, I was down in Rush Springs OK taking part in the festivities of the Annual Rush Springs Watermelon Festival. It's always a fun event. It's one that draws in thousands and thousands of people focusing on the food, crafts, carnival rides, and the long time history of watermelons. Did I mention seed spitting contests? Yeah, they have those. In the end, there's even a new Little Mr. & Mrs. Rush Springs and  Watermelon Queen are crowned for another year. The whole event is great and my family does their best to never miss. 


For those that are fit, and for those like me that are not, they have what's called the Watermelon 5K. This year was my second attempt in both starting, and finishing this race. Thankfully, I did finish and proudly held up the rear of all the runners. My whole goal, internally, was to not die (also my daily goal in life). No matter what, just get to the end with breath in my lungs and the cool morning wind behind me. 

At one point during the race I came to the corner of Rush and Blakely. For those that don't know, that's dead center in the middle of the city. That's the cross streets. As I looked over to my right I could see this massive monument that was standing tall. When I saw it, I realized that it was the 10 Commandments proudly being portrayed for all the city to see. It was at that moment that I paused, stopped running, and whispered a silent prayer thanking God that such a controversial piece was here on display. Today, so many people are angry about seeing this display anywhere throughout the United States. It's definitely a subject that causes a lot of discontent, disconnection, anger and strife. However, Rush Springs knows what's up. I'm thankful for that. I hope more cities are this bold in the near future. 

I think it's good that so many are wanting the removal of the Ten Commandments. It's reminding a sinful nation of the moral Law. I hope the secular press keeps reporting on the issue. What they mean for evil, will turn out to be for the good of the evangelistic endeavor for Christians. 


Today, October 6, 2015, the Ten Commandments statue that sat at the capital grounds in Oklahoma City were officially removed for good. People didn't like it because it's a "Religious symbol" on state property. Okay, whatever. 

People hate that law. They hate looking at it. They hate seeing it. But thankfully, it's written on their conscience (Rom. 2:15). They know it's wrong to lie. They know it's wrong to steal. They know full well with in their own conscience that it's wrong to murder another human being.

They remove them from the public sector in hopes that it will be "Outta sight, outta mind". Sadly, they are ignorant of the truth that they are going to be judged by God and they are going to be held accountable to that law.

They can be perfect as Creator is perfect, or they can recognize that they have indeed violated that law and repent and believe the Gospel. 


Hell is hot. Sin ain't right. Christ is coming. Righteousness will prevail. 

Time will tell. 

Thank you Rush Springs OK for taking your stance. May every soul that passes by this monument, found on private property by the way, be reminded of the law that we, as humanity, have violated, and point us back to the Cross, in which Jesus Christ paid for that penalty, and because of the Cross, His death, burial, and resurrection (He rose from the dead three days later),  we can have forgiveness through Christ. And ONLY Him. 

Until the nets are full,

Chris 


 

No comments: